I know this blog is usually about fashion but after my girls night out last night I just had to write this post. And anyway good looks, chivalry and a good sense of humor never go out of fashion . I feel terrible for all you single ladies looking for your "Perfect Indian Man" coz honestly I don't think there are more than a handful of them around! Those of you who like me have managed to find one should consider yourselves veeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeerrrrrrrryyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy lucky! But don't worry girls, I'm going to whip these Indian men into shape for you. Listen up boys!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Dear Quintessential Indian Man,
For every well mannered polite Indian man, there are 23 others who are the exact opposite of him. I don't get why Indian men have such a bad attitude, whether it is basic chivalry or simple manners. It is easier to locate the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry than to locate a true gentleman in India. Back in the day, courting a girl involved giving her a rose with a card that read, 'From Your Secret Admirer'. In today's day and age, guys think the best way to approach a girl, is to send them a Facebook message that reads,"Letz make Fraandship". All the true Indian gentlemen are either taken or they're no longer living in India. I have come up with a list of do's and dont's for all you Indian men out there. Follow this list and maybe next time a girl might consider making 'fraandship' with you.
1) Don't hold another man's hand when walking down a road.
2) Don't stare at women constantly. Kick-boxing and mixed martial arts is becoming more and more popular.
3) Don't dress like you are on the TV show 'Lost'.
4) Don't be a momma's boy. (You're kidding yourself if you say you're not one)
5) Don't believe that alcohol makes you sexier.
1) Do use a deodorant 3 times a day, it's just hygienic.
2) Do open the door for lady. We always notice these things.
3) Do offer to pay on the first date if you want a second.
4) Do try and look at our face while talking to us.
5) Do groom yourself well everyday, it doesn’t hurt to do so!
Hope all you men have been taking notes!